Sunday, April 15, 2007

"Yay" for fun filled weekends

This weekend was no exception to the rule when it came to fun filled weekends.

Saturday morning started as every other weekend starts in our house - Soccer - although this weekend there was only one game (thank goodness!) so the house got a clean and I got all of the laundry done and ironed then the real fun started.


On the way to Brian and Tracey's we saw the dear that we regularly see on the drive down Greenbank towards Barrhaven, they are always out at dusk and sometimes during the day.. this pic is kinda far away but it was difficult to get a good picture from far away, and in a moving car.




Otttawa was playing the 2nd game against the Pittsburg Penguins and following the spectacular game they played on wednesday night we were all pretty excited! They won I think it was 6-3 on wednesday and it was a great game. Saturday however, well... it started kinda slow, was going great in the 2nd period and then kinda all fell apart at the end of the 3rd period and the final score was 3-4 to Pittsburg. We had a good time though with friends watching the game, even if Brian (D) was cheering for the penguins cus the Habs aren't in the playoffs.



After the game it was time for the girls and guys to split off as the girls had a Luau party to go to and the guys were doing manly things... (I didn't dare ask) but I think it ended up consisting of a little bit of poker and Xbox. Anyways the girls had a great time with grass skirts (for some) cocktails, limbo dancing, even a pinata!



I tried to get some pics of the boys when we got back to Phil & Triscilla's but they were pretty much wrapped up, tired and not up for pictures.. oh well..


Sunday: Phil was preaching at church this morning and did a great job, and because he and Triscilla are heading out west next weekend to go tree planting (aparently the money is pretty good - I still wouldn't want to leave my desk and spend all summer - and winter/spring - sleeping in a tent (remember that its still only around 6 degrees right now) We had a get together with all of us and some friends of theirs as a kind of going away party. I got a few pictures but by far the cutest one was of Java!

No comments: